The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Thursday, March 24, 2011

BREATHING IN A VACUUM

Written over twenty years ago for my book, "Behind The Veil", I guess I was expressing my frustration at how people never want to look below the surface. Twenty plus years later, things haven't changed,

BREATHING IN A VACUUM

I scream in silence
frustrated by an audience
that only hears
with their eyes.

My heart suffers
from cold, senseless
rejection. Slowly my spirit
sublimes to vapor.

I wonder if
my time has already
been and might
never be again.

Somehow I must
continue my fight
for a promise of
an ultimate reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment