The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LOVES CRAP SHOOT

Looking back on this poem, I ask myself  "What was I thinking?". Well I did write my book LOVE BITES, a collection of about 50 poems, in one crazy weekend back in 1994 and it was two wives ago. I  have actually had people tell me this STUPID little poem was their favorite in the book. I guess people identify with thing about the one that never was.

LOVES CRAP SHOOT

Given the
opportunity you
chose to ignore.
Now we will

never know what
you failed to explore.
Given the chance
again, would you

make the same
mistake or would
that be a risk you'd
be willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment