The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Friday, January 7, 2011

NEW STATION, SAME NATION

This came to me today when I went to McDonald's for coffee. I believe nothing in life happens without a reason. Perhaps mine is to sharpen my perception and continue writing.


NEW STATION, SAME NATION
 
My eyes are
adjusting quickly
to my new
welfare glasses.

I am learning
quickly that seeing
is not the same
as being seen.

My welfare denist
found twelve cavities and
I need a canal to
get to the root of my problems.

I guess my
teeth have decayed
from eating
all that humble pie.

The new pains in my
previously crippled body
help me remember the
reason for my past struggles.

The same pains
have sharpened my
perceptions of an
unequal, unjust reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment