The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whenever Dreams Die

I wrote this poem while I was in cllege I think. I seem to remeber printing up a certain number of copies and giving it out to people. That way  could limit the amount of criticism I got.

The poem is about the outlook one must have when facing changes in your life's plans. Always be open to different directions because you can still end up in the same place.



WHENEVER DREAMS DIE



A tear falls from my
and trickles down my cheek.
The salty, bitter water burns
my lips,
whenever dreams die.

My body heaves a helpless sigh.
Fervent hope becomes futile agony.
Nothing seems to stop the harsh pains
of reality,
whenever dreams die.

I must pick myself up and move on.
My future ahead remains bright.
Everything will be alright
I guess,
when I open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment