The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Behind The Veil

This was the title poem of my first book and my first serious attempt at poetry. I honestly don't know what I am doing but maybe that's better. Too much attention is paid to form and not enough to content. I was trying to show that things aren't always as they appear.



Behind The Veil

It grows inside me,
unseen by even the
most penetrating eye.

My exterior is aglow
in perfect disguise. No one
suspects anything to be
amiss in my private hell.

What can I do to escape
these feelings of bitter torment?
Am I trapped by my own
sweet powers of reason?

My hope lies in the future.
Despite the sores tha fester
under the dark shades of my
accomplishments, a light
shines on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment