The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Monday, October 25, 2010

LIMITATIONS BY EXLUSION

Another one from "Works In Progress" back in 1996. This e mail newsletter lasted about a year and a half. So somewhere out there in cyberspace there are over one hundred other poems floating out there. I had followers from New Zealand to Austria.

I think what I am trying to say here is that the appearance of beauty is not beauty itself.



LIMITATIONS BY EXCLUSION

Protected by thorns,
the enjoyment of
a rose is limited
by its nature.

Beauty must be
experienced at
a distance and
partially.

Never able to fully
give if itself
the flower remains
incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment