The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Library Fines

I wrote this poem in response to my volunteer activities at the Ford School's libraries. This poem appeared yesterday in my other blog, "Lynn School Watch". Is this shameless self promotion? Most definitely but I am moved when I see a little kid clutching a book.


Library Fines

The library is no
laughing matter.
Without librarians our
education only gets sadder.

Books are written
necessarily to be read.
Without reading, learning
surely must be dead.

Bring back the librarians
to give our kids a chance.
Without them how can
our MCAS scores advance?

No comments:

Post a Comment