The way this blog is going to work is that I will post a poem that I have written either new or old and then above it I will give my prose interpretation of it. My interpretation is not the "right" one, everybody "sees" things from their own perspective.



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jovial Finale

This was the closing poem of my first book. At the time I just thought it was a good way to end the book. That was in 1988.

In the spring of 2009 it was read as a closing benediction at a Catholic writer's conference I attended. Looking back on it I can see it was pretty spiritual.



Jovial Finale


Laughter became tears.
Order became chaos.
Lost but not alone.

Guided by love.
I found my way
out of darkness and misery.

Calculated order has been
restored. My sense of
accomplishment has been worth
the struggle. Life goes on
and so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment